Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Bharat Gaurav Scheme
News: India’s first private train, under the Bharat Gaurav scheme has been flagged off from Coimbatore. The train will cover several historical destinations on the route while giving the passengers an insight into the cultural heritage of the country.
• Launched in November 2021, under the scheme, trains now have a third segment for tourism. Until now, the Railways had passenger segments and goods segments. These trains are not regular trains that will run as per a timetable but will be more on the lines of the Ramayana Express being run by the IRCTC.
• It was announced under the theme-based tourist circuit trains. These trains will be run by both private players and IRCTC, in theme-based circuits. By theme-based tourism (circuits), the railways mean trains like Guru Kripa that go to all places related to Guru Nanak or a Ramayan-themed train to touch upon places related to Lord Ram.
• Anyone, from societies, trusts, consortia and even state governments can apply to take these trains and run them on special tourism circuits based on a theme. Service Provider will offer all-inclusive packages to tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit to historical/heritage sites, tour guides etc.
Potential of the Scheme:
• These trains will help realise India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world.
• They will also help in tapping the vast tourism potential of India.