Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Sheetal Devi – World’s First Armless Archer
News: 16-year-old Sheetal Devi is scripting history at the Asian Para Games, making India proud. Devi is the world's first armless archer to be a part of the games this year.
What can we learn from her?
• The teen girl's journey to Asian Para Games 2023 is proof that with determination, and belief in yourself, you can do anything in life.
• Her big wins at the games are an inspiration for billions of Indians, a glimmer of hope for many who don't follow their dreams thinking they aren't enough.
About Sheetal Devi:
• She hails from Loidhar village in Kishtwar, Jammu and Kashmir. Growing up, she used to idolise sportspersons and wondered if she too could ever take that route in life. Her upper body was assessed and deemed fit for archery and swimming.
• When Sheetal was born, she was diagnosed with phocomelia syndrome, a condition where her limbs remain underdeveloped.
• At the women's doubles event, she won a silver and bagged gold in the women's compound open event. For the last win, she shot six consecutive ten-rings in the last two rounds at the final.
Who supported her?
• Sheetal Devi talks about how her parents had faith in her and how her friends in the village supported her.
• Her dreams, courage and determination were stronger than any possible limitation put up by her condition. She dedicated her medals to the entire country upon winning it.
• Her inspirational journey should make you ask “What’s your excuse?”