Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
National Judicial Data Grid
Context: It contains data pertaining to National Judicial Data grid.
What is National Judicial Data Grid?
• National Judicial Data Grid (NJDG) is a system for monitoring the pendency and disposal of the cases in High Courts and Subordinate Courts in India.
• It is a database of orders, judgments and case details of 18,735 District & Subordinate Courts and High Courts.
• It was created as online platform under the eCourts project.
• NJDG works as a tool to identify, manage and reduce the backlog of cases. It also helps to provide timely inputs for making policy decisions to reduce delays in disposing of cases and improve the efficiency of the judiciary.
• The World Bank has praised the NJDC in the Ease of Doing Business report for 2018.It has said that the grid has made it possible to generate case management reports, thereby making it easier to enforce contracts.