Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Krishi UDAN 2.0
News: The Union Minister of Civil Aviation has launched Krishi UDAN 2.0.
• It lays out the vision of improving value realization through better integration and optimization of agriharvesting and air transportation and contributing to agri-value chain sustainability and resilience under different and dynamic conditions.Earlier, ahead of UDAN Day (21st October), the Ministry of Civil Aviation flagged off 6 routes, expanding the aerial connectivity of North-East India, under the UDAN Scheme.
• Krishi UDAN was launched in August 2020, on international and national routes to assist farmers in transporting agricultural products so that it improves their value realisation.
• Krishi UDAN 2.0 proposes to facilitating and incentivizing movement of Agri-produce by air transportation.
• It lays out the vision of improving value realization through better integration and optimization of Agriharvesting and air transportation.It works by contributing to Agri-value chain sustainability and resilience under different and dynamic conditions.
• It will be implemented at 53 airports across the country mainly focusing on Northeast and tribal regions and is likely to benefit farmer, freight forwarders and Airlines.
• Facilitate and incentivize movement of agri-produce by air transportation by giving a full waiver of landing, parking, Terminal Navigation and Landing Charges and Route Navigation Facilities Charges for domestic airlines.
• Strengthen Cargo related infrastructure at airports and off airports by facilitating the development of a hub and spoke model and a freight grid.The hub and spoke model refers to a distribution method in which a centralized 'hub' exists.
• Resources-Pooling through establishing a convergence mechanism i.e. collaboration with other government departments and regulatory bodies.It will provide freight forwarders, airlines and other stakeholders with Incentives and concessions to enhance air transportation of Agri-produce.