Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
International Tea Day
News: The International Tea Day is observed on May 21 every year to raise awareness of the long history and the deep cultural and economic significance of tea around the world.
• The first International Tea Day was held in Delhi, India in 2005. It was in 2015 that the Indian Government proposed to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation to expand this day globally.
• The day is observed in the month of May because it is during this time of the year that tea production begins in most countries.
• Tea is believed to have originated from the north-eastern parts of India and southwestern China. In these regions, tea production is one of the main sources of livelihood.
• The Tea Board of India was established by the enactment of the Tea Act in 1953 with its headquarters in Kolkata. It is under the administrative control of ministry of commerce and industry.
• The Government through the Tea Board is implementing Tea Development and Promotion Scheme (TPDS) which provides financial assistance to the tea industry in the country.