Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
News: Recently, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare launched several initiatives to provide crucial weather related information to farmers under the PMFBY.
What are the different initiatives?
AIDE Mobile app
• It is application for Intermediary Enrolment mobile app.
• A mobile application was introduced to facilitate farmers’ access to various government schemes and benefits. Through the app, farmers can easily enroll and avail themselves of the different agricultural schemes.
• It will ensure a seamless and transparent process, making crop insurance more accessible and convenient for farmers.
• Weather Information Network Data System portal will host, manage, and process hyper-local weather data collected by Automatic Weather Stations and Rain Gauges/Rain watch towers at Taluk/Block and Gram Panchayat levels.
• It will provide crucial weather-related information and data to farmers.
• It will enhance risk assessment and decision-making in crop insurance, agriculture advisories, and disaster mitigation.
YES-TECH (Technology-based Yield Estimation System) Manual
• A manual aimed at implementing a technology-based system for yield estimation in agriculture. The initiative leverages technology to accurately estimate crop yields, helping farmers make informed decisions and plan effectively.
What are some of other initiatives carried out for Farmers?
• National e-Governance Plan in Agriculture (NeGPA) which enables farmers to access vital agricultural data and services through digital platforms.
• ISRO’s Geo-platform, Bhuvan – Data on plantation, pest surveillance and encourages use of drones for crop assessment.
• National Agricultural Drought Assessment and Monitoring System (NADAMS) - It helps in identifying regions facing drought conditions and facilitates appropriate drought management strategies to support farmers.