Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Transport and Marketing Assistance Scheme
News: The Centre has revised “Transport and Marketing Assistance” (TMA) scheme for Specified Agriculture Products’.
What is the TMA Scheme?
• The TMA Scheme was introduced in 2019 to provide assistance for the international component of freight, to mitigate the disadvantage of higher freight costs faced by the Indian exporters of agriculture products.
• All exporters, duly registered with relevant Export Promotion Council as per Foreign Trade Policy, of eligible agriculture products shall be covered under this scheme.The assistance, at notified rates, will be available for export of eligible agriculture products to the permissible countries, as specified from time to time.
• Assistance would be provided in cash through direct bank transfer as part reimbursement of freight paid.
• Dairy products, which were not covered under the earlier scheme, will be eligible for assistance under the revised scheme.
• Rates of assistance have been increased, by 50% for exports by sea and by 100% for exports by air.
Agriculture Export Policy 2018
• The vision of Agriculture Export Policy is to harness the export potential of Indian agriculture, through suitable policy instruments, to make India global power in agriculture and raise farmers income.
• The Policy was approved with the following objectives:
o To diversify the export basket, destinations and boost high value and value-added agricultural exports including a focus on perishables.
o To promote novel, indigenous, organic, ethnic, traditional and non-traditional Agri products exports.
o To provide an institutional mechanism for pursuing market access, tackling barriers and dealing with sanitary and phytosanitary issues.
o Enable farmers to get the benefit of export opportunities in the overseas market.