Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Payroll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowance
News: Recently, the Ministry of Defense inaugurated PayRoll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances (PADMA), an automated Pay and Allowances module for the Indian Coast Guard.
• PADMA is an automated platform leveraging latest technology which will provide seamless and timely disbursal of Pay and Allowances to around 15,000 Indian Coast Guard personnel.
• This module has been developed under the aegis of the Defense Accounts Department and will be operated by Pay Accounts Office Coast Guard, Noida.
• The launch marked the beginning of the Centralized Pay System (CPS), the foundation of which is being laid down by the Defense Accounts Department Headquarters to provide one stop pay accounting solutions for all organizations under the Ministry.
• Launch of PADMA will strengthen the Digital India Vision. Also, it is an ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative as the entire module has been designed and developed by Indian entrepreneurs assisted by domain experts.
Centralized and Decentralized Payment System:
• Centralized Payment Systems in India are Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) systems, both owned and operated by the Reserve Bank.
• The decentralised payment systems will include clearing houses managed by RBI (Cheque Truncation System (CTS) centres as well as other banks (Express Cheque Clearing System (ECCS) centres and any other system as decided by RBI from time to time.
Indian Cost Guard and its Functions:
• It is a maritime law enforcement and search and rescue agency of India with jurisdiction over its territorial waters including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone.
• It comes under the under the Ministry of Defense.
• The concept of forming ICG came into being after the 1971 war.
• The blueprint for a multidimensional Coast Guard was conceived by the visionary Rustamji Committee.
• Role During Floods, cyclones, natural calamity
• Check on Smuggling
• Martitime Security
• Humanitarian assistance and Disaster Management