Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
NIPUN Bharat mission
News: Government sets up National Steering Committee for the implementation of NIPUN Bharat Mission.
• The Department of School Education and Literacy had launched the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy, NIPUNBharat Mission on 5th July, 2021 with the aim to achieve the goal of universal proficiency in foundational literacy and numeracy for every child by grade 3, as envisaged by National Education Policy 2020.
• As prescribed in the Mission guidelines, a National Steering Committee (NSC) for implementation of the NIPUN Bharat Mission has been constituted on 25thOctober, 2021 under the chairpersonship of the Union Education Minister.
The following are the roles and responsibilities of the NSC for the NIUPN Bharat Mission:
• To oversee the progress of National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy and provide guidance on policy issues.
• To arrive at the target to be achieved nationally in 2026-27.
• To disseminate tools for measurement of yearly progress in the form of guidelines.
• To prepare and approve a National Action Plan (based on the State’s Action Plans) with KRAs for every State/UT vis-à-vis factors attributable for the gaps (i.e., lack of Fund, Vacancies, Teachers, Demography, Local issues, Need of Training for teachers, Curriculum & pedagogy related).
• To review programmatic and financial norms periodically to ensure they are synchronised with targets to be achieved.
• To develop methodology of assessment to analyse the progress and provide feedback to States/UTs.
About NIPUN Bharat Mission:
• NIPUN stands for the National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy.The Programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Education.It will be implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.It has been envisioned for ensuring that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.It will cover the learning needs of children in the age group of 3 to 9 years.
• A five-tier implementation mechanism will be set up at the National- State- District- Block- School level in all States and UTs, under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of Samagra Shiksha.
• The mission focuses on different domains of development like physical and motor development, socioemotional development, literacy and numeracy development, cognitive development, life skills etc. for Holistic development of the child.
• It is envisaged to support and encourage students, along with their schools, teachers, parents, and communities, in every way possible, to help realise the true potential of children and propel the country to new heights.
• Foundational skills enable to keep children in class thereby reducing the dropouts and improve transition rate from primary to upper primary and secondary stages.
• Activity based learning and a conducive learning environment will improve the quality of education.
• Innovative pedagogies such as toy-based and experiential learning will be used in classroom transactions thereby making learning a joyful and engaging activity.Intensive capacity building of teachers will make them empowered and provide greater autonomy for choosing the pedagogy.