Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
Flight Test Vehicle Abort Mission (TV-D1)
News: Recently, ISRO successfully completed its TV-D1 mission which forms a key component in its bid to complete targets of Gaganyaan mission.
• The mission was launched from the First Launch Pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The test vehicle was a single-stage liquid rocket. The payloads consisted of an uncrewed crew module and a crew escape system.
• The mission was the first in a series of tests ahead of India's first crewed space mission, Gaganyaan.
• The ISRO said that the crew escape system performed as intended. The abort test demo ensures astronaut safety in the event of unforeseen issues during their space journey.
• To demonstrate and evaluate the test vehicle subsystems
• To demonstrate and evaluate the crew escape system, including various separation systems
• To demonstrate crew module characteristics
• To demonstrate the deceleration system at higher altitudes and its recovery
Also in News:
News: The Prime Minister has “directed” the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) to achieve several significant milestones recently.
• Indian Space Station by 2035: The Prime Minister directed officials to aim for the establishment of an Indian Space Station by 2035.
• First Indian Astronaut on the Moon by 2040: He also set a goal to send the first Indian astronaut to the Moon by 2040.
• Interplanetary Missions: PM Modi called upon Indian scientists to work towards interplanetary missions, including a Venus Orbiter Mission and a Mars Lander.
• Roadmap for Moon Exploration: The Department of Space will develop a roadmap for Moon exploration, which will include a series of Chandrayaan missions.
• The PM emphasized the need for substantial investments and contributions from the private sector to achieve these goals.