Address : 506, 3rd EYE THREE (III), Opp. Induben Khakhrawala, Girish Cold Drink Cross Road, CG Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad, 380009.
Telephone : 079-40098991
News: Recently, the Ministry of Roads, Transport and Highways (MoRTH) developed the portal named ‘e-DAR’ (e-Detailed Accident Report). The portal provides instant information on road accidents and helps accelerate accident compensation claims.
How will the portal help?
• Digitalised Detailed Accident Reports (DAR) will be uploaded to the portal for easy access. The web portal will be linked to the Integrated Road Accident Database (iRAD). From iRAD, applications to more than 90% of the datasets would be pushed directly to the e-DAR. Stakeholders like the police, road authorities, hospitals, etc., are required to enter very minimal information for the e-DAR forms. Thus, e-DAR would be an extension and e-version of iRAD.
• DAR portal would conduct multiple checks against fake claims by conducting a sweeping search of vehicles involved in the accident, the date of the accident, and the First Information Report number.
• The portal would be linked to other government portals like Vaahan or and would get access to information on driving licence details and registration of vehicles.
• Hotspots for accidents would also be identified so as to obtain solutions to avoid accidents at these hotspots.
Status of Road Accidents in India:
• Road accidents continue to be a leading cause of death, disabilities and hospitalization in the country despite our commitment and efforts.
• India ranks first in the number of road accident deaths across the 199 countries and accounts for almost 11% of the accident related deaths in the World.
Initiatives to curb Road Accidents:
• Motor Vehicles Amendment Act, 2019 – The act hikes the penalties for traffic violations, defective vehicles, juvenile driving. It provides for a Motor vehicle accident fund, which would provide compulsory insurance cover to all road users in India for certain types of accidents,
• Initiatives taken by MoRTH continue to implement a multi-pronged road safety strategy. It includes setting up driver training schools, creating awareness, strengthening automobile safety standards, improving road infrastructure,
• High priority has been accorded to rectification of black spots.