- Optional subject forms an important part of the CSE-Mains (Two papers of 250 Marks each). It is the deal-breaker whenit comes to getting a higher rank, a service that you aspire for and a cadre that you desire. THEREFORE, MAKE THE CHOICE
- Out of the 26 optional subject choices, Sociology has a strong base and attraction amongst students all over the country. Itcan fetch around 315 to 350 marks in the CSE mains. Every year, India sees at least 1 topper with Sociology optional. Previous Toppers: Anu Kumari (AIR 2, 2017), Srushti Jayant Deshmukh (AIR 5, 2018), Sanjita Mohapatra (AIR 10, 2019), Jagrati Awasthi (AIR 2, 2020).
- It gives us immense pleasure to announce, on student’s demand, a Sociology optional module, which will be conducted by our renowned Expert faculty. We invite you to attend the free orientation class on 3rdand 4th September (Saturday and Sunday), Timing 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at AHMEDABAD and Timing 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at GANDHINAGAR. Here we will guide you about choosing optional subjects in general and sociology in particular.
|Time duration||4 to 5 months (90-120 lectures)|
|Highlights||The offline and online lectures on all the topics of Paper-1 and Paper-2 of Sociology optional by Expert faculty having teaching experience for more than 5 to 7 years in Delhi.|
Support through personal mentorship along with online doubts resolution by Faculties.
Assessment of your understanding through regular Test Series questions after each topic.
One to one copy evaluation and feedback from Faculties itself.
Each lecture will of 2 to 3 hours duration (4 to 6 lectures in a week).
Test will be conducted at regular interval to improve the answer writing skills for Mains examination
The schedule will be informed to students in advance. The mentioned time can be changed as per the discretion of the management.
|1) TEJAS RAJGOR|
Course Director of SOCIOLOGY at DICS
Qualification :- B.com, LLB
Formally Associated with Rau’s IAS, Chanakya IAS, Career Launcher (DELHI)
8+ year Teaching Experience in field of UPSC CSE
Taught more then 1000+ Student
2) ABHIJEET JHA
Eminent Faculty of Sociology, Essay and Mains Answer Writing
Qualification :- Msc Maths (Actuarial Mathematics) , LLB
Taught more then 2000+ student
5+ year Teaching Experience in field of UPSC CSE
He has teaching experience in various prominent IAS Coaching Institute of Delhi : Lukman IAS , Dhristi IAS , Vision IAS…..
|Course Fees||Rs. 25,000 (online) ; Rs. 30,000 (offline-Ahmadabad and Gandhinagar Centre)|
- Crisp and Concise Syllabus: UPSC has charted out a very short syllabus for Sociology with 10 Units in Paper 1 and 14 Units in Paper 2. This makes it easier for aspirants to revise the limited syllabus multiple number of times and also at the time of mains. “Revision is the key.”
– It is a relatively safer optional.
- It requires no specific academic background: No special academic background is needed- sociology optional is nothing but briefly a study of society which we are part of. Unlike the optional subjects related to the field of science or engineering, sociology optional can be prepared by students of any academic background easily.
- Relevance to the job role: The theoretical knowledge of the subject has huge applied potential. It introduces the aspirant with the societal norms and practices making him highly sensitive and efficient in understanding and evaluating the policy decisions. It involves the study of human society in detail which is very much relevant to the job of a Civil Servant.
– It aids General Studies and Essay paper also:
- Common topics in General Studies Paper 1 and Sociology: Indian society- women’s empowerment, social empowerment, communalism, socialism, urbanisation and globalisation etc.
- General Studies Paper 2: Development Process, Role of SHGs, NGO, Welfare Schemes, Education etc., Poverty and Hunger, Government policies for development, issues relating to development and management of social sector
- General Studies Paper 3: Inclusive Growth, Land Reforms, Liberalisation, Privatisation and Globalisation & Economy
- General Studies Paper 4: Ethics, Values and Norms.
- Essay: To score good here needs understanding of various Indian and global aspects at a deeper level. Sociology optional provides wider dimensions and diverse viewpoints.
Some previous Essay topics linked to Sociology:
- There can be no social justice without economic prosperity but economic prosperity without social justice is meaningless. (2020 UPSC Mains)
- Patriarchy is the least noticed yet the most significant structure of social inequality. (2020 UPSC Mains)
- South Asian societies are woven not around the state, but around their plural cultures and plural identities. (2019 UPSC Mains)
1) Check PDF
Sociology Previous year question