News: Section 142 of the Social Security Code, 2020 has been notified by Ministry of Labour & Employment covering applicability of Aaadhar.
- The notification of section will enable Ministry of Labour and Employment to collect Aaadhar details for the database of beneficiaries under various social security schemes.
- National Data Base for unorganised workers (NDUW) is at an advanced stage of development by National Informatics Centre.
- The portal is aimed at collection of data for unorganised workers including migrant workers for the purpose of giving benefits of the various schemes of the Government.
- An inter-state migrant worker can register himself on the portal on the basis of submission of Aaadhar alone.
- Union Minister of State (I/c) for Labour and Employment has clarified that the section under the Social Security Code has been notified only for collection of data of workers including migrant workers. No benefit will be denied to workers for want of Aaadhar.