News: Recently, the Union Education Minister and Union Tribal Affairs Minister jointly launched the School Innovation Ambassador Training Program (SIATP). The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched an Adi-Prashikshan portal which is also a repository of training inputs.
- The innovative andone-of-its-kind training program for school teachers aims at training 50,000 school teachers in innovation, entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), design thinking, product development, idea generation, among others. It will make Indian teachers, change-agents and ambassadors of innovation to make our students future-ready.
- It has been designed by the Innovation Cellof the Ministry of Education and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for school teachers based on its Innovation Ambassador Training Program for Higher Educational Institution’s faculty members.
- The training will be delivered in online mode only. It is a collaborative effortby the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the AICTE.
- It will benefit a large number of schools for tribal children across the countryby giving wings to the creativity of the children. It will nurture lakhs of students with innovation capabilities, develop a culture of innovation and lay the foundation of a new and vibrant India.
- The students of Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS)will greatly benefit from SIATP since it is also the endeavour of the Tribal Affairs Ministry to give the best possible education to the tribal children.
- EMRS for tribal children is another ambitious programme under which 740 EMRS will be established in tribal dominated areas over the next three years.
- It was started in the year 1997-98 to impart quality education to Scheduled Tribechildren in remote areas.