News: Union Budget 2022-23 provided for a new scheme, Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North East (PM-DevINE) will be implemented through the North-Eastern Council.
- It will fund infrastructure, in the spirit of PM GatiShakti, and social development projects based on felt needs of the northeast. This will enable livelihood activities for youth and women, filling the gaps in various sectors.
- While the Central Ministries may also pose their candidate projects, priority will be given to those posed by the States.
- Some of the projects to be implemented are:
- Dedicated Services for the Management of Paediatric and Adult Haemotolymphoid Cancers in North East India, Guwahati
- Construction of Aizawl bypass on western side, gap funding for passenger ropeway system for Pelling to Sanga-Choeling in West Sikkim
- Gap funding for eco-friendly Ropeway (Cable Car) from Dhapper to Bhaleydhunga in South Sikkim
- Pilot project for the construction of Bamboo Link Road at different locations in various districts in Mizoram