News: The Ministry of Education has developed an online module for compiling out-of-school (due to Covid-19 pandemic) children’s data identified by each State/UT. The collected data will be mapped with special training centres on the PRABANDH portal of Samagra Shiksha.
- Through the module, the government will facilitate age-appropriate admissions of children in the age group of 6-14 yearsand those belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged groups.
- Also, for out of school children in the 16-18 years age group, financial assistance will be providedfor the first time in the session 2021-22, to continue their education through open/distance learning mode.
About PRABANDH Portal:
- PRABANDH (PRoject Appraisal, Budgeting, Achievements and Data Handling System) isa step towards leveraging technology to increase efficiency and manage the implementation of a centrally sponsored integrated scheme for schooling- Samagra Shiksha.
- It is to have transparency and accuracyin the System w.r.t Approvals, Releases, Financial Status.
- Also streamline the Financial Management System,to enable more accurate assessment of actual requirement of funds for implementation.
- Samagra Shiksha is anintegrated scheme for school education extending from pre-school to class XII to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education at all levels of school education.
- It subsumes the three Schemes ofSarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA) and Teacher Education (TE). The main emphasis of the Scheme is on improving the quality of school education by focussing on the two T’s – Teacher and Technology.
- It complements the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)for Education, i.e. SDG 4 (Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong opportunities for all).
- It aims to support States in the implementation of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009. Right to Education Act (RTE) is a fundamental right under Article 21-A of the Constitution of India. The Act makes education a fundamental right of every child between the ages of 6 and 14and specifies minimum norms in elementary schools.
- The Scheme is being implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme. The fund sharing pattern for the scheme between Centre and States is at present in the ratio of 90:10 for the North-Eastern States and the Himalayan Statesand 60:40 for all other States and Union Territories with Legislature. It is 100% centrally sponsored for Union Territories without Legislature.